Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Treat Gift Box & Fall Scrappin'

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go. . . . and I'm still in late summer mode with short sleeves!!!!

Oh well to get into the spirit as I love the Christmas holidays with it's meaning and all the glitter and glitz, it's time to be getting ready for the holidays. This is a project I'd like to share with you from a recent stamp camp that I hosted earlier this month. We made these darling Chrtistmas Treat boxes by using a Big Shot "Scalloped Envelope die" with a down home Christmas feel. This type of project has become really popular among Stampin Up Demonstrators and event attendees too, that I just had to share it with you, as I know you would like it too.


After the box is assembled by using 4 cuts of the die, connnecting all the side flaps, a strip of Designer Series paper from the "Holiday Treasures" collection is wrapped around the outside and then the outer scalloped flaps extending upward are folded down. Then the embellishing is up to you! I just love the scalloped look and couldn't wait to use the scalloped circle punch along with the adorable little gingerbread man stamp from the Hostess stamp set "Deer Friends" to adorn mine. Add a little bit of shredded filler to the box (looks like I added a bit too much to one side, hee-hee!), a cello bag filled with holiday candy, and a gift tag then your all set!!!

Who wouldn't love to receive this adorable gift!! Makes for great office gifts, gifts to keep by the door for those guests who drop by during the holidays, teacher gifts and so many more!


And now for my scrapbooking friends,

I'd like to share a 6 X 6 page with you that I made for a recent SCS get together. Using one of the most versatile sets that Stampin Up! has ever created and LOVED by many, is the "Lovely As A Tree" stamp set. this is one set I'll never be without!!!!

The picture doesn't show the detailing enough but I distressed the edges of the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive mats around the full tree stamp set. the edges were roughed up and inked slightly with Choc. Chip, and accented with a touch of Old Olive Ribbon topped off by a little gold brad, elevated up with dimensionals underneath. Both tree and leaves are stamped with Stazon Black and colored in with an Aquapainter using O. Olive, Pumkin P., Ruby Red, M. Mustard, and C. to Cocoa. Photo mat is Choc. Chip and adorned with Photo Corner punches in Ruby Red, which have been pierced using the Mat Pack. Page cardstock base is B. Banana, and ever so lightly stamped with the speckle stamp from Background Basics set with C. to Cocoa.

Enjoy!


12 comments:

katiesniche said...

The gift box is darling! And I really like your 6x6 page, I'm with you, I'll never be without my Lovely As A Tree....it's a forever stamp set!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness, I love what you did with the box and the tree on your scrap page. Beautiful work!

Kelly Taylor said...

As always Sharon, your projects are beautiful!

thescrapmaster said...

What a cute box! The tree is colored in so nicely.

~Samantha

Andrea said...

I love that scrapbook page! I hope that they don't retire that set - just because it isn't die cut!!

Alexandria said...

I love the box! The coloring on the tree is ABSOLUTELY fabulous!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Maco said...

Love the box and the 6x6 page is beautiful.

Sam Woodruff said...

Gosh Sharon you have been busy...thought I was but you take the cake. LOVE!!! each and every project, and you gave more ideas for my 2 fair coming up.
Hugs

Julie O'D said...

Beautiful page & I love that box! Shoot, I thought I'd be okay without that die, but now I want it!

Rachel Brumley said...

That goody box is so cute! And your scrapbook page is beautiful - I love that tree!

Tracy said...

Love the box!!! Your colors are great. :)